Tuesday, August 16, 2011

leaving the field behind



i am torn
like the winter at dusk
to stay or go
in this field i am a king
i speak and the world listens
i breathe out and there is air to replace it
my lungs are full
my life is whole

out there
in the distance
it is cold
there are less blankets
less answers
there is less love
less

in this field i am a king
i can lay on the earth and touch the sky
i can wrap myself in confidence
i can soak my ears in joy
my heart in spirit
hope

in this field
i am truly free

but i must go
i must fly walk swim run
i must meet the storms and the avalanches and sounds of ambulances
i must
there is so much to see experience fear
there are so many to touch love teach


this is what i must do
i must

leave


this is life beyond the field




Photo by Sadie Myers.   Words by Dustin Whitehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment