Saturday, July 2, 2011

BUTT i don't even know you (this title is a work in progress which will eventually be whatever it wants to be)



morning after head melting power walk up steps of stone and sandy peaks
i found stillness
in a bob or a house

    cat
        that is

as it looked towards me i wondered if it wanted to say something
maybe if it hadn't been for my crew of sweaty followers that little bugger would have played fetch with me
the plants were alive and so was that bob or house

    cat
        that is

although
much like me he had an agenda and a family and the afternoon to look forward to
so as i reached out a hand he clawed his way to distance

maybe i don't know him or his history but dammit i wanted to 
my head hurt and my body was wet with the sun but i wanted connection
as i often do

i am a climbing being
i am simple
i am merely a bob or house

    cat
        that is



Photo by Caroline Näslund.  Words by Dustin Whitehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment