Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dirt Me





I don't want to walk, I want to run.
I am amidst a craze phase for you.
Houses are quant,
but dirt in the wind washing my hair is where I am at.

Take me to the field and kiss me there,
I don't want warm and cozy, but cold and shivering.
I want to taste the goosebumps of your lips
and rub your skin with dirt in my hands.
Let me throw my head up to a sky of clouds
and sink your body into the mud of this earth.
I want to have sex in hiking boots and flannel.
(Well, you won't be in flannel long)

Just take me away from the sun
and let me run to you.
No more walking or waiting or idly idling.
Take me to the field and carve our path out.
Let's make this life in all its muck
and make out for a bit
and take the tears with the good.
Come out to this field with me,
we can traipse and traffic
bump into each other
and never come out.

Houses and streets are nice
but not with you.
I want fields and dirt with you.
Let's wander.



Photo by Julia Kruy.  Words by Jordan Lane Shappell

No comments:

Post a Comment