Friday, April 8, 2011

KASASA...


 



*Chicago, IL. 
Assaria, KS
Love
Life
Lavender
Lavendar 
Calendar
April 7, 2011
I love you
I miss you
I’ll kiss you
When I see you
Next week
This week
Is
Wedding dress
Invitations
Phone calls
Long drives
Through green pastures
On this side
It’s always greener
Especially in springtime
Fun time
Birds sing
Long days
Long walks
Down dirt roads
With mom and pops
It’s a good time
To talk
And walk
And learn
From each other
Before the moment is gone
I’ll remember
I’ll watch the sun set
And snap a photo
On my mind
Georgia
Wedding in June
Got a plane ticket
And a man
He's in Chicago 


About this piece:


I wrote a poem.  I asked Brandon to draw a picture to go with it.  He and his classic scented washable markers went to work.   He showed me his drawing.  I took a picture. 

Is that Kansas?

It's KASASA
 
Kasasa?

KASASA has yellow roads and blue gardens and red grass.



Words by Sadie Myers. Drawing by Brandon Baker.

No comments:

Post a Comment