Saturday, February 5, 2011

There will always be a Park




I used to believe in flying dragons and dancing bears
Before responsibility and jobs and bills and affairs
I remember sliding across the tile in my little bare feet
Back when I didn't know things
Like that "homeless" means
You actually Sleep on the street

There were cookouts and family reunions and trips out of town
When all a map did was slow me down
Cause when the car was in motion
I'd hide under the back seat
In a world surreal
Feeling everything and judging nothing

But that all happened before the news came on
Before I opened a history book
Before a girl broke my heart
Before I knew what it really was to be a part
Of this world

Things are broken here
and momma can't always fix them
It gets lonely here
And we don't always have someone
People die here
And I don't mean to be dark

So

When we go to the park
Next time we go to the park
If we go to the park
Later

If we go to the park...

Let's go to the park!
And when we go 
To the park
Let's Go

Let's remember to dance 
And sing and spin
And run and jump and play
Cuz at the end of the day
We are all just kids
Looking for somewhere to...


We are better people as children
Worse children as people


But there's always a park
There will always be a park

Words by Dustin Whitehead. Interpreted through a collage by Amanda Grupp and Sadie Myers.

No comments:

Post a Comment