Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Reflection on the Reflections of a Life Spent in Water





The sons and the daughter sat- getting cold with the bath as nature ran it's course - because that's what she does, mother -as father builds the world - what a family should be? - I remember when my step father hit me - and my brother - and my sister - and my tiny brother - we were naked - we were cold - he was old, experienced, and in charge - but mostly abusive - in my opinion, sick - The trick was letting it go - and I know now - how to raise my own - they can stay in the water as long as they want - they can soak any rug I ever own - they can sleep under any quilt family sewn - they can grow until they're known - or stay at home - they can splish and splash all over this earth - and my love will only elevate starting pre birth - Or even right now - swim, I will say - play, I will pray -and our love will never float away - the truth Is in the bubbles - forgiveness in the soap - let love flow through our water and our family overflow with hope

Photo by Sadie Myers. Words by Dustin Whitehead.



No comments:

Post a Comment