Friday, October 29, 2010

Bring her home.


...
Lost in my bed 
In my sheets 
Under them within them 
Lost in my head
In my sheets 
Without her, missing her
Lost 
Lost 
I don't know when to say yes
When to say no
When to say I love you 
When to let her go 
Should I answer every question
With a smile hiding glow 
Should I fly across the globe 
To show her that I know
Or should I lay here on this pillow
With a lost frustration
Wondering why I even swallow 
This confusing conversation 
What will be learned 
Or found 
Who will be told
Of the sounds 
Tonight
Tonight
I don't like to fight see 
And neither does she 
So we tip toe around 
The first round 
Waiting for the bell  
That'll send her away
For to find her way 
Back
Back
Her back towards me
A beautiful silhouette
I will never forget 
No matter how the story ends
Or re-begins
This is the origin
Of magical 
The fantastical 
A month long sobatical 
To find true 
Love 
Love
Don't let it pass by
I'll be waiting Patiently
Eyes on the sky  
Pensively searching  
Dove
Dove 

Bring her home.

Self Portrait by Sadie Myers. Words by Dustin Whitehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment