Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Studying





Yesterday found tomorrow wandering
So we all got bored, the three of us
We needed our good friend happiness
It just wasn't a full table without him

Always better with four
So we opened up the Gate
To let the night's storm in
But he couldn't speak within

His language had never been the same
So yesterday suggested books of words
And tomorrow said that had been done
I knew we would never settle on a plan

So I ran to the river sans all
Leaving behind yesterday's call
Tomorrows narrow angry stare
And the fill of nights lonely storm

I leaped over next time
And climbed through loss
I flew next to ambition
High-fived opportunity cost

I danced past shoulda coulda woulda
And played shuffle board with loud
I straightened rising suns argyle tie
Said goodbye to last nights cloud

And when I found the water
I poured tea for my friend smile
We said good day to right now
And saved a seat for after awhile

Photo by Sadie Myers. Words by Dustin Whitehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment