Thursday, March 6, 2014

Skinny





My limbs have grown skinny.
I forgot verbosity,
to puff up bigger than I appear,
to let fullness guide me,
so you could see me as better than I am.


But this new winter I withered, lost the extra weight.  

These arms once held beauty, bright colored love.
I'm thin now, like what you see.
Good; sure.
Useful; yes, still.
But I always valued excess over just enough.
Even if God is so specific in his finger prints,
even if the most precise touch is balance,
I've still lost the taste of Spring,
to hold more on these bones.

And I don't want to work for it.
Im waiting till the inspiration of warmer weather
cracks open a new me
and there I am, covered and heavy again.

But the seasons of life don't work that way.
Or at least not for me.
God won't send the Spring 'til I sweat.
Until I eat.

Please see me as bare, but growing.



  
Photo by Carl. Words by Jordan.

No comments:

Post a Comment