Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Man on the Couch







Man, I've read these same verses over and over.
Till the page turned grey
and all the words mushed together
and everything was holy or destroyed
or wrathful or righteous.
It all sounded the same.
And honestly, the life on this TV
is way more exciting than the one here in this body.
Potato me, Couch.
Keep me comforted, you piece of shit.
I need you now more than ever
because Im threatening to believe I could be more
than the fabric sewn to this body.
What if I became unlazy?
Oh shit,
What if I became uncomplaining?
What if I took ownership of the plans
I always wished I made,
the plans I always saw on this here TV
and knew was part of my future.
Or did I just see myself on this here couch
watching the same TV,
thinking,--those stories raise my blood and pound my heart.
Man, I wish it was me.
I wish it was me.

So, shit, back to the verses.
A man of the Wor(l)d .
A man of the TV.
Sit back and make the show.





Photo by Matthew.  Words by Jordan 

No comments:

Post a Comment