Saturday, April 21, 2012

Seeing In



I know you're pretending.
You can not see me.

You roam the sundial.
A midnight monster
beneath the bed,
creeping from the closet,
looking to devour the innocent.

Your stagnant stares
of voided vision
could torture my
fragile rainbow world.

Your empty heart
may shatter  mine,
if you stare too long.

But I can see you.

The split of focus
in your veiled eyes
spins a story of
blinded bondage
to all you ever found beautiful.

The buds of your starving tongue
taste for nourishment and flavor in nothingness.
An attempt to devour your tortured soul's food.

I can see through you.

You followed a path of direct roads
that led you
to nowhere -

Yet you are still on the map of time.
There is a chance.

I wandered aimlessly
with unknowing navigation
that led me
to now-

Yet I followed the charts of direction.
There is purpose.

And I can see between you.
Bent.

Your broken vision
is the fix I crave.
My crystal ball of balance and band aids-
a medicine of  my need-
an elixir of humanity.

I will bring you back to the beautiful.

You will see me.
I can see underneath you.

Photo by Sadie Whitehead.  Words by Sarah Spatz.

No comments:

Post a Comment