Saturday, February 4, 2012

Ahead



I'm not often ready for what lies ahead,
but I rely on a certain endurance factor that has gotten me through most of life.
Its a small feeling creeping between my lungs,

a deep breath

that takes in all the darkness of my current situation
then breathe out,
not strength,
but acceptance.
The pain becomes regular,
another part of my skin.
I'll feel it hourly and choke back the start of the start of tears.
I breath out understanding.
I focus for a few moments when things are bad
and don't let my head take over.
Rarely, do I find myself ready for the shortcomings, the disappointments.
but I'm responsible for all the life lessons that I've been taught.
Im the cause and the teacher and the endurer.

Hardship lies ahead for all of us.
At all times.
Im sorry, but it's a part of this world.
Find peace and be overwhelmed.
And look ahead.

Photo by Sadie Whitehead.  Words by Jordan Lane Shappell.

No comments:

Post a Comment