Saturday, October 15, 2011

I wish to be here with my friends



My eyelids slip closed and the sun burns through the thin layer of skin.
The world is glowing tan.

I like it up here.
Just at the tip of the top of my thoughts.
My mind is usually branches and tangled trails through mist.
It can be hard to navigate.
But up here, just above the line of doubt I really don't have much going on.
Its easy.
And honestly, Im just trying to keep the peace.
Up here the smog cant reach
and grips the ground. I get to be above it.

For these few moments I feel okay.
I know it wont last and I don't need it to.
But it feels nice to be here, to treasure the sun and
the tops of trees we don't normally see.
The air is clearer and breathing (which is important) is easier.

I whisper, let me stay. Just for a bit.

Photo by Dustin Whitehead.  Words by Jordan Lane Shappell.

No comments:

Post a Comment