Thursday, August 11, 2011

a message to a friend:



...says the mountaintop, but the dates are rocky.  Much like that one time in Vegas when we thought we had a plan.  Ahah! See, that is always my point.  Being of the antelope family, I never forget.  The history books got it wrong.  Elephants are blow-fish with legs.  They have practically no brains.  But we didn't start this conversation to be mean, did we?  Let's talk logistics; I'll meet you by the carousel at Epcot in Orlando, Florida where species just like yours and mine have been suffering for decades.  Now, I'm traveling via carrier pigeon so it's going to take me a while to get there.  Meantime, mind your P's and Q's and always look both ways at 'Duck Walk' in Chicago.  They have the best chain Thai food in town and I don't want you to mess this up.  Remember 1973 at Sonny's BBQ In New Hampshire.  Or was it 1985 at Flaco's in Gainesville, Texas.  Either way, I think you see my point. 

Now I have never loved and loathed as I do you.  Take that as a compliment.  Pray for sanity.  Hope for love.  And forever be AWESOME. 

Yours truly,

"You will hardly know who I am or what I mean."




Sketch by Christina Steele.  Words by Dustin Whitehead with remnants of Walt Whitman.

No comments:

Post a Comment