Friday, July 8, 2011

Yes, I'm different



I've felt this way for a long time now

before i knew what it was

a way that i could hear

a wave that i could catch

it was mine,

my uniqueness

yes, they've known him to cry

or make believe alone

blasting Brandy on the boombox

creating dance routines in the basement

jumping for joy when his shoes came in the mail

sometimes playing dress up.

Yes, he's gabby

talking with friends during class

the crossing guard's daughter's boyfriend.

The sweetheart.

A gentleman.

Yes, he's polite

my boyish innocence.

A darling.

A better dancer than the girls

A very patient boy

My whimsical humor.

His pretty eyelashes.

My painted nails.

His random, my magic.

Yes, he's different


Photo by Amanda Grupp. Words by Rashaad Hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment