Monday, July 4, 2011

The Torch Singer



Oh, the places I have been; dark, lonely, uncharted
So long in darkness that my eyes began to adjust
Adjusting so long that my body began to adapt
Adapting so long that my heart began to harden

In the distance

The birth of a star
The squashing of gas and dust in the middle of a cold dark cloud
Bringing forth illumination
Lighting the darkest corners of life
No shadow left to conceal
No dusty corners in which to hide

Now, no matter my travels, she burns bright enough to lead me home:
my northern star

The point by which I navigate all of life’s journey’s
She does not lay in wait
She moves,
her light tracing and trailing her path

It remains that wherever she stands:
there lies home
here, there, or at the end of the universe.

Photo by Steve Brian. Words by Chris Sullivan.

No comments:

Post a Comment