Friday, July 22, 2011

Happy Beach Day



A beach.  A day.  A birthday, not mine.  A lot of sand.  A new suit.
Wondering if the wedding is truly a week away, already. 
Asking if my life is beautiful.  Sometimes it is. 
The blues & greens.  The joy of pink.  Not the sand.  Not the salt.  But the beauty of the day.
Some like to run.  Throw a Frisbee.  Bath in the waves.
I like to sit.  I like to watch.  I like to admire the beauty of the day.  
My brother.  My son.  My sister, her fiancee.  My mom.  Brandon.  A foreign friend.
My little girl.  Playing.
Discovering something small in her corner of the towel.  Probably sand, or a grape.
Thinking about the day...the beauty of the day.  
God made this.  Amazing. 
Wanting some color on my white skin.
Missing Everett. 
Wishing he was here with me.  To sit.  To watch.  To enjoy.
The beauty of the day. 

Photo by Sadie Myers. Words by Angela Shields.

No comments:

Post a Comment