Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Between



You will find me in the (inbetween)


there I sit, (undiscovered) awaiting the brushing touch of the back of your hand
your finger tips (lingering) on the back of my skin

I am not graceful in my time waiting for you.
I screw things up (a) (lot)
I singe my purity at the edges and tear through what I am supposed to be
I want to be the image you have of me
but (most certainly) I will fall short here in the (inbetween)
(Im hoping you) don't accept my apology for what I've become
(but instead) love me till the color restores in my cheeks and my breath turns sweetly warm
return me back to one side (of dark) or the other (of light), but don't leave me (be)here(tween)
I can't make the grey nights and dull sounds
I can't make the stale taste of air
I feel (yes) but (no)t one way (of light) or the other (of dark)

The inbetween is all that is between us
my time here shapes me to wait for you
in its hands I form into something for you
I hate the inbetween
(but) I need it for you
for one day, after all the light and dark
there will only be

youme

and nothing between.



Sketch by Caroline Näslund.  Words by Jordan Shappell.

1 comment: