Monday, June 20, 2011

tall are the colors following the mystery




tall are the colors
out of season
and violet
unlike rain-showers
which claim no season
and certainly no color

however

remember when the secrets were shared
when someone told us that water made the earth
that the earth is mostly water
and that water makes the grass grow and the birds sing and everything awesome
everything common
everything consistent
everything taken for granted now that we have well surpassed our golden birthdays
everything at all

the water falls from the leaf
it drips
and we search for reasons to remain interested
but the years pass
and the drip seems the same

how can we follow the mystery
how can we rediscover the unknown
there is so much that we don't know, brother
yet we find ourselves forgetting
we get complacent

fuck that

will you help me follow the mystery
will you help me rediscover the unknown

i'll do that for you
i'll do my best to make you feel new
if you promise to always hold my hand and remind me that I am lost
and that I will always be lost






Photo by Sadie Myers.  Words by Dustin Whitehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment