Saturday, May 14, 2011

space boy


        Left and right I walk the center in search of space and a mission and find only my reflection.  Who's fault is that. Screw it. I look closer. My stupid glasses are space rain phobia magical protecters looking back at me. Inspectors in my eyes. Always in my business. I love them for that. But sometimes they over-steep. What's with the orange. It makes me look skinny. I like words that are fruit. My hair is awkward. When will the wrinkles leave surface. WWGD. What would gravity do. Is the world spinning or am I on a rocket or neither. I hope it's the latter. I climb my mind and nothing has an answer. The wind is loud and this moment many much. I can't see my hands. Are they still here. Who am I looking at and do I have a choice. Myself is saying yes to my nose and I am skeptical. Don't move yet world. I'm not ready. Don't get small yet. I need you to stay. To be large for me. I am safe in the not knowing. But my ambition hates me...  I clinch my teeth. My lips make room. Let's do it.  Let's make fire and rain and shuttle and fame.  Let's make what's unattainable tame.  I will fly.  Dear Gravity, good bye. I will be sure to do what's flight. I love you earth and sky and me. And what will be, we'll see. Goodnight.

 
Photo by Sadie Myers.  Words by Dustin Whitehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment