Tuesday, May 3, 2011

maybe this one is a little personal




"maybe this one can be a secret?"  she said.

i thought, "okay"

But then i started to think
And "                   "  write
I never plan what I  "    "

maybe all that is subjective can be, and judgement is something of which we can be free

i like walking with her
we talk without eye contact
maybe i'll watch her talk
maybe she'll watch me

it's a balance

i remember biking
i remember having a bike stolen as a child
my dad found the kids who had already sold it for parts
they were still learning how to be thieves
he was angry
he was protecting me
he was right
i'm sure

i had my bike stolen last year
i was angry
i kept my head up
the wind was in my face
pushing the tears towards my ears
i took deep breaths

i didn't ask my dad to find the thieves that time
i just kept going

the world has a funny way of making sure that we are paying attention

i see the world
i see God in it
i see everything as it comes
i try not to be a judge
i'm not perfect

and i don't write my life
i subscribe to it

i believe in a lot of things about people
nothing is simple
they are real
i am real
love is real
the future is a guided tour

and it doesn't cost a thing

excitement
honor
adventure
truth
purity
extravagance
surprise
hope

this is my life

Photo by Sadie Myers. Words by Dustin Whitehead.

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 05, 2011

    lovely, dustin...thanks for sharing. i think you write like most people think....but cannot express because they would seem crazy. not that you are crazy....just awesome. i want to subscribe too. ang

    ReplyDelete