Tuesday, May 24, 2011

by a string





and my fire is a flower
continuous
something opened
there is no closing it

thinking about your first fight?
the first hunt
kill
prayer
tear

that's what this is about
right?

mind

it was you
pretty girl
who taught me to evaporate
who showed me the skin beneath the veins
that deserves all recognition

i never painted my own spirit
and i never will
which is where my promises come in
can you hold them?
how is your heart availability?
is there room for an old bodied young soul?
will you dance sans moonlight?

i am a coward of questions

although 
you are quite the siren
standing there
unaffected by my fire
holding the tail of a lioness
by a string no less
will you tell my story?
or should i wait for the next beautiful dream of a woman in a white dress bearing a wild beast to come along?

i prefer you



Painting by Christina Steele.  Words by Dustin Whitehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment