Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Gypsy Potpourri



----------------


AS a matter of fact-

The car’s collision occurred around ten am, this placed me post-breakfast and thinking myself in circles near Third and Vine.

This placed me in the eye of the hurricane.

Two deaths, simultaneous;

Hopefully it didn’t take these two mangled strangers

Cemented to the metal

-And the glass

Their deaths to realize their lives

[often times this seems to be the case].

At least the Egyptians always placed that sack-old brain in the most

Ceremonial of jars.

[what a buzzkill reality]

I took another sip of Luke-warm coffee.

Scribble,

 scribble,

 scribble.

I wondered if the bodies knew that I was  writing about them

[I hope they’re weren’t self-conscious].



it’s just-

The protagonist and antagonist were the same.

-the ists.



The families arrived in a gleaming blue lexus, the color of a violinist’s sunny day.

The bodies (butterfly)

The families (hurricane)

A slew of human emotion.

Don’t get me wrong-

It’s not that I didn’t feel bad,

It’s that I just knew:

That ticket would be punched eventually.

I’m still quite certain

-After heating the coffee

-After filing the report

All lifeless parties involved would have certainly

Stepped aside

Reconsidered

Existence.

It’s inevitable.

[or we bought all of that life insurance for nothing].

Photo by Randy Conner. Words by Justin David Koontz.

No comments:

Post a Comment