Thursday, March 31, 2011

High Art



High Art
It makes everything seem like you’re in a movie, man.
No no no bro..
High ART
It’s how you get to be in the movie without actually opening your eyes
No no no bro
HIGH Art
Holmes, I don’t think you follow what I’m saying
It’s flying right over you
And swimmin’ right under you
Nobody put the effort in forcing it upon you
But you accepted it as if it was.
Like you had to.
You gave it meaning
Cause you needed to.
What, dude?
I don’t see that all.
HIGH ART
Silence
Pause
Cough
Silence
Ohhhhhhh – there it is.
I was suppose to hear it!
I was looking for something.
It was talking the whole time
But my headphones were in. 
And to be honest,
I actually fell asleep for a minute.
But I’m glad I woke up,
Cause I woulda missed it. 
And had to act like I understood what
Everybody meant when they talked about it afterward.
I’d make a general point that everybody would nod toward
But they definitely knew I missed it.
Glad I figured this whole thing out.
Dude, you have no idea what you’re saying.
You’re right.


Photo by Amanda Grupp. Words by Adam Wolf.

No comments:

Post a Comment