Tuesday, February 1, 2011

dear dawn




good morning, dear.
and I call you dear, for I know no otherness
than the dear way you take me.

so, good morning, Dear.
i saw your peaked, bright head
and the mass of tangle curls poke from the corner.
your chocolate milk eyes said sweetly
that you were coming to me shortly.
but I had to wait,
for a moment, and then you'd join me.

so i sat, mulling my coffee cup in my hands,
and the way we held each other in my head.
i smelled the sweet dryness of your skin
and the tickled sense of caffeine.
i held your weight in my arms
and the importance of you in my chest
i waited to see it all again.
to see you again.
in any moment.
around the corner.
soon.
you'd be there.
soon.
there.
right there.
taking the waiting side for you.
waiting.
so soon enough.
there.
right soon enough, there you'd be.
soon.
--where are you???

Dear, the cup is still hot and soon the sun will see me
and I am afraid you will see all of me
and you wont come bounding around the corner again.
Dear, the sun is peaking, the same you peaked just a shortly ago.
i wait to see all of you and the sun. One moment more may....

Dear.
I have coffee.
Please.
Come here and watch this dear dawn break
and start this with me.


Photo by Sadie Myers.  Words by Jordan Shappell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment