Monday, November 8, 2010

Lego Man ( NYU Day 5 )



Dance, foolish fellow
Let it out
Open your joints
There is a world out there
You know this

Now do something about it

I know you
Colorful on the outside
Smiling
Content with existence
Happy enough

But where is the soul, sir?

What happened to the costume parties
The pickup lines
The awkward morning afters
“Where are my pant’s”
That’s what you used to say

Now it’s just a still glare
A lonely flower on the head attitude
I don’t understand you
You… …
You…

You Plastic man!

Have some decency!
Share some of your leftovers from Bennigans!
Go with me to a ball game!
Laugh at our fat next door neighbor struggling to check the mail!
Drive drunk!

Man, I thought you had heart

Your whole world is out of focus
A distant mirage
And you just stand there
With that smirk on your face
And your yellow hands

This friendship is over
Photo and Words by Dustin Whitehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment