Friday, August 13, 2010

on production...


Wicka wicka wacka
Bricka bricka bracka
Zim zam
Whim wham
And thus a zoom bam

I found a color between the hues
And no one would refuse
me
When I built thee
From my imagee --
naree vibe
Imagee--
Nation thrives
On vibrancy
Potancy
Reluctancy
Toward destruction, see

I used to view in black and white
Create in sepia
And fold in ignorance

And that's where you came in
Can't even begin (you win)
...to explain it

I find an image and I aim it now
Or you do
In focus somehow
It's VooDoo

Hittin consonants as I camera speak
To weak
To find my own
So I open the mouth and groan
And out u come
Undone
And fully exposed

Like spray paint on a bank
But legal
Like under the bridge graffiti
But regal
Like an angry dog
But a begal

I want a bagel
You chose the flavor

Imma savor these moments
We spend together, Wheel

You always know how I feel
Or what I need

Am I glad of you?
Indeed

Just holla at a playa
When u need a suggestion
Of tone, lighting, or reflection

But I'm just a girl with a camera
Hoping for a nice print

I'm a flame on a lighter
And you: my flint

We're together u and I
Niether resisting
So to end this here rant
Thankyou for existing




Photo by Sadie Myers.  Words by Dustin Whitehead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment