Monday, November 22, 2010

Paint Splots

My brother once told me of an artist named Jean Michael Basquiat...

Colors on the brain
And I remain
Intoxicated
By sobriety
Paying attention
To
Society
Two
Before the three
They taught me
And they claim to raise us kids
From their etticacy thrones
But us kids, we'll soon have our owns
And when that happens
As well as for the time being
I plan on being a human
Being
A man
I said that outloud on a yesterday
And it was in stone as the plan
So I found a friend with a paint can
A black tan
And a quick hand
And we walked along the canvas
Tip toe ing
To keep from waking the neighbors. Knowing that results require favors. Baskin didn't invent flavors. And Dogs are the misbehavors. Not the kids.

Dance fool dance
Chance fool chance

And again we learn from those before.

Immagination holds the door.

Saying, "after you."

Photo by Sadie Myers. Words by Dustin Whitehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment