Monday, November 1, 2010

Oz




Life happens tomorrow
Tomorrow
The after this one
This thumb
At the end of many fingers
A book end on the shelf
A book ending
With no story
At least not a happy one
Maybe a frappé one
Because I always need caffeine
Obscene
This month was
I had made a mistake
And now
Tomorrow comes
And my new life begins
Grateful for the grins
And the pictures of trees
I'm down on my knees
Thanking God for this escape
From my mistake
Which I've already confessed
Obsessed with the topic I am
Blam!
And goodnight
It's my right to be tired
Expired
And mildly retired
From this work
A jerk he is who put me here
Me
Here
Lost
Found again
Ready for tomorrow
Tomorrow
The state of bing alive
Life
My life
It's mine once again
Where do I begin
At the park
At the beAch
Should I climb the towers
Should I take seven showers
And sleep in my clothes
Who knows what's in store
Who for?
Is tomorrow?

Me.
Selfishly?
Honestly.

Me.

Photo by Sadie Myers. Words by Dustin Whitehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment