Friday, November 12, 2010

New York ( NYU Day 9 )



Faded
Elated
Wondering what's next
In a world full of maybe's
When?
Where?
What time?
Key lime pie for desert
And on to the next one
Step won
Billed it
Step too
Live in it
Walk on it
Deserve it
Then possibly
Appreciate it
If it appreciates
Time deviates
Relationship deteriorates
And never reciprocates
The energy
It's he and me
It's her and she
And that's just English conjugation
What about the French
Or the rich
We forgot the polish
And the poor
We make eggs and then close the door
Once we've sent them on their way
EevryThing Will Be Okay
New York
The hub of the country
Spy glass to the earth
Cultures build faster then
Then a city that takes power naps
We don't "mind gaps"
And we don't put limits to birth
What's it worth...

So once I took some pictures
My hand it held on tight
Light poored into the lense
As I fought away the night

She danced between the curtains
And I held her in my sight
Light poored into the lense
As I fought away the night

One never knows what happens
To the poems we start to write
Light poored into the lense
As I fought away the night

Photo and Words by Dustin Whitehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment