Saturday, November 20, 2010

Dancing and Nervous -- His Hand's On My Hip



I have no reason to be here
   Sweating
No experience
   Breathing
No training
   Trying to breath
No tuxedo
   Uhhhh
And NO IDEA what I'm doing
   Just hold on tight
What if I mess up
   I'm so nervous
What If I miss a step
   Is he nervous?
What if I drop her?
   What if he drops me?

Oh boy
   Oh my gosh

Just keep going
   Dont let go
Guide with the waist
   He's looking at my waist
Always moving
   Stay with him
Keep the beat up
   Keep the skirt down

Oh boy
   Oh my gosh

She's so pretty
  Actually...
Like Really pretty
  This is okay
Like Julia Roberts pretty
  He kinda has me
Like young Julia Roberts pretty
  I feel safe
I mean, I guess Julia Roberts is pretty now that she's old too but
  I'm impressed
But she's so young
  Maybe I like This guy
Julia Roberts is...

   "This is fun"

"Yeah. It is."

I should dip her soon
  I kinda hope he never let's me go
Dip her and then go for the kiss
  I could fall asleep
Here we go, music is slowing
  Oh, were slowing down.
Now is the moment
   I think he wants to kiss me
Three...
   He should
Two...
   Oh, his eyes are green

Oh boy
   Oh my gosh


                          ...

Photo by Sadie Myers. Words by Dustin Whitehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment