Friday, November 5, 2010

Can you Fly? ( NYU Day 2 )



There was a flower on the waves
But where were you

Where were you

I'll tell you what's exciting
I'll tell you where I lost my verginity
And why I swim against society

I'll tell you why I have friends
And where it all begins

There was a tree at the top of a dune
There was a sky beyond the moon
And I put myself there
Nightly
Eveningly
Evenly
Without an agenda
Pensive

Thought was extensive
Deep
Like the reefs of coral
That I want to investigate one day

What say you
Where were you
Why were you doing

Were you busy
Did you have a tree
Or a fence post
Or maybe a friendly goat
That cleared your path
Ate the waste

I want to buy roses to break them Swearing oaths
And then bake you mango cookies on a plane

I'll tell you what's insane
Before I met you I didn't know you
And I sure as hell couldn't see you
In my heavenly sweet dreams

What's disturbing
I'll tell you
What's perturbing
I'll explain
What is fun with learning
Every game

There are no rules to this
No promises
No expectations
Only sandy walls
Camoflauged as explainations
It's all for free
And full of words
But perhaps those are for the birds
And the creatures of the

See
Somewhere past the flower is an ocean

Can you fly
Photo and Words by Dustin Whitehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment