Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The sky and the grass



I remember when the sky and the grass shared a smell. When the room had no walls and time didn't exist. I remember soccer practice carpools and pizza soda Friday night sleepovers. The waves on the sand as I slept. The stars above the sea.  I remember the friendships that I had before life got in the way. I remember a time when money was only used for gumball machines and concession stands. Before my parents had incomes and mortgages. Before my friends parents needed help. Before my friends had drug problems. Before car accidents took teenagers. Before alcoholism took personalities. Before my college education compartmentalized me.  Before everything gained weight.  Never to float free again... I remember a field. And the clouds. And I remember when the sky and the grass shared a smell.

Photo by Sadie Myers. Words by Dustin Whitehead.

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous picture, Sadie. Remember it, but you can live it too...you guys do in so many ways. I love that about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnifique!

    ReplyDelete