Friday, October 8, 2010

My new room

Dark on a week day
Night
Time to speak little
Light

And everything is feathery
As nothing lacks luxury
As far as is concerning
Yearning for the pillow
And it's there

So many thankyous
So many who knews
And not enough preludes
To tonights sleep

Deep it will be
Under covers find me
Dreaming
Transforming, running, screaming
But mostly fighting
Tornadoes.

There is a little boy
who taught me not to be scared
That I can hide
Under the pillow
Safe from th thrill
Of true imagination

That's the good stuff
The running
The hiding
The screaming
That's where the filters fall
And the night becomes something other than just another night
The dream becomes something other
Than just another dream

The blankets are walls
The pillows mountains
And the lamp is my firelight

Dance, flame
Keep me warm
It's me and you tonight
 
Photo by Sadie Myers. Words by Dustin Whitehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment