Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lions, Tigers, and Waterfalls




I’ll meet you in the enchanted forest. And give you a hand. What do you say we go for a walk to the rainbow waterfall?

It’s beautiful there, but getting to the top is dangerous.

I’ll give you a hand to the tippy top so we can slide down the red, orange, yellow, green, indigo, and violets. Indigo feels smooth. Yellow tickles. Orange keeps you warm and Violet gives chills. Red and Green make the air around the waterfall smell like Christmas. It’s like a hot fudge sundae or a winter kiss.

We’ll walk there now. Holding hands. Take my hand and we can go together.

On the way we’ll see pink flowery birds and hear the fallen leaves make music under our feet. The green ones sound like piano keys, yellow a violin being plucked, the fire-colored leaves make the best sound: a high pitched piccolo in tune with the largest tuba bellowing the lowest G.

Take my hand so we can make music and get rainbowed and fall in love. Come away with me to find an adventure in the enchanted forest.

Could I have your hand?

Photo by Dustin Whitehead. Words by Sadie Myers.

No comments:

Post a Comment