Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sunset



I remember that afternoon. When the sun grew tired. When the wind sounded like distant guitar strings. And the waves accompanied the song. I remember how you took off your shoes and looked at the ocean. You didn’t know that I knew. But I knew. I knew you were thinking of better days. Younger days. When romance touched your fingertips and time didn’t exist. You are like me, mom. You get lost in your mind, always in pensive distance from your reality. You smile secretly inside your head. Then sometimes it shows on your face. I love that about you. I love when you sing and you have no idea it’s happening. When you forget that anyone is around, and then when you catch yourself and laugh out loud. I loved walking with you that afternoon in the sand. I love that that moment was ours. And that it set with the sun. ...



Photo by Sadie Myers.  Words by Dustin Whitehead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment