Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dear Chicago (Chicago being God)


Dear Chicago,
(Chicago being God)

Take me home
Hold my hand
Dance with me
Help me understand

There is a chance
With you listening
To find a light
Off water glistening

My eyes are open
My ears are hear
My synopsis broken
But hope floating near

Thank you for now
And after noon on weekdays
Thank you for yesterday
And tomorrows being new days

Where there is you
There is all
You make the leaves
We’ll guide their fall

But I’m in no hurry
Take time dear season
You bring guidance and truth
While I patience and reason

There’s a whistle in your wind
A smile in your snow
A question in my lens
And an answer in your glow

So be with me tonight
Chicago, take me home
And from season to season
My heart with you will roam

Photo by Sadie Myers.  Words by Dustin Whitehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment